Talking about statue, 2 teens were standing on a rusty wreck off a NSW beach, Byron Bay when 2 sharks were circling around them for 40 minutes. A nearby surfer heard the girls cry out and attempted to save them but a shark started swimming towards him so he went back to shore to raise the alarm. They were rescued by lifeguard boats. It seems there are alot of shark sightings here. From great whites, tiger sharks, makos, bronze whalers and bull sharks. The water is warm, there are lot of bait fish close to shore and whales migrating with their calves are the reasons which is attracting them. I even saw a small sign on the rocks at the beach nearby (North Beach) remembering a surfer, 16 yrs old who died from a shark attack while surfing. But I still see surfers running with their surfboards and swimmers in their swimwear and towel going towards the beach everyday.
I will be soon missing this view from the kitchen and balcony. This is also a reason why we can't bear to leave this unit. Its VERY near to the beach, ocean and lighthouses.
Over the past 1 month I have been making all the appointments to see units and we would go and view after Krish's work. Since Im going back Krish would need to settle the house on his own now. Something convenient, provides 12 months lease and is of tolerable living condition.
Can't believe Im saying this but something I have to do immediately after coming back in Jan is to take my driving license. Its gona be very very difficult if I don't. Buses are not on frequent schedule and bus stops are not accessible to everywhere. Train rides are not cheap at all. Hence I have to drive or wait till after 4pm for Krish to pick me up to go places. Going to work or starting uni will then be difficult. Its about 3 plus years to obtain a full license though. You can be driving around during these 3 years but with some restrictions.
Okie what did I have for dinner yesterday. We had burgers from Hungry Jacks (known as Burger King in Singapore). As usual the burgers were bigger. We bought a potato dish from an Aussie shop after that. Its hot hot baked potatoes with cheese and spinach. Yummy! I purposely saved some to have for lunch today.
This is from one of the food joints here; Noodlebox. Something th
at you see people in movies or sitcoms eating right? We had this 2 weeks back. Krish bought it to test whether Im missing rice. Its my first and last rice dish though.We bought fried rice and we requested it to very spicy. But it was very mild and abit sweet to taste. What I like is their serving. More than sufficient for both of us and it was about A$6/-. However I will still miss my mum's fried rice.
Okie time for lunch. See ya!