Yes its getting hot but not as hot as in summer when it will be 40 degrees. I still feel cold at times with the winds but feeling so dehydrated very fast.
Having no luck with rental units. All the units which falls within our budget is in non-living conditions. Esp the kitchen and toilet. We don't want to be spending more than what we planned for esp cleaning. And Krish is a clean freak.
A unit which both of us were satisfied is at our budget limit and is only offering us 6 months lease. We may have to move if the unit is gona be sold. Usually these type of units are for investment but what if the new buyer demands more rental after 6 months. Argh! Frustrating man!
We went down also to Uni of Wollongong on friday. Didnt manage to get to talk to the person in charge of co-ordinating the Psychology courses. Got to go back on tues. Strangely we came across a coincidence that evening. Our neighbour. Tom knocked on our door asking to borrow our phone and yellow pages to call a locksmith as he had locked himself out.
Krish lent him his hand phone (now I must tell you that phone bills are rocket high here, even calling local numbers!!! ) and while waiting for the locksmith Tom saw the phamplets and said hes a 3rd yr student doing Bachelor in Psychology. I did got alot of questions answered. It does include alot of statistics. (I remember in poly Oma and I yacked and yacked cos the lectuerer was mainly talking in Chinese but I manage to just pass the module after some crash studying.) You also got to write and read alot throughout the 4 years. And to complete another 2 years supervised practise to qualify as a psychologist. He lent me a book on writing for psychology too.
Equiped with all this information it makes me want to go for it even more. I know its not an easy (not a cheap) process. But with Krish encouraging me I determined to do it. Maybe start off doing part-time and then going full time.
I got to get visa lodged immediately when we come back in Jan'08. Oh yes many call centers here seems to be employing Indian nationals (recognised by the accent). Even the immigration call center. I find it surprising. Okay maybe they give equal employment chances.
I heard that Australians are the 2nd most slackest in the world. 1st are the Portuguese. Haha. They just laughed it off on tv saying that if we are the 2nd then the Portuguese must be doing nothing and when they work they really hard but after 4pm they played twice as hard.
I would be coming back soon...next sun actually. So fast. Another 2 months and then back again. Im going to treasure my time in singapore with all my dear ones. Im yet to inform some of my friends that I have quit and am migrating in Jan. All to do after I come back.
Australian Idol final is on today. It seems that it will be very grand held in the Sydney Opera House. Got to catch it.
Ok take care dearies. I noe all of you are missing me (hehe) will be back soon.