Yes guys Im at Sydney, The City from tues till friday. Krishna has been sent for course here and they booked him in hotel for the stay so that to save the 2 hours drive from home. And Im here too.
We made our trip to the immigration for our appoinment for me and then walk around Darling Harbour. Im under training for map reading while Krishna drives. Let me tell you how the city is. Its bustling with life. Everyone is walking so fast like in Singapore. At the entry of the city is Chinatown itself. You can see alot of Chinese people and restaurants there. Slowly down the street the Aussies began to appear. The traffic junction is very messy man. Sinapore CBD is better looking even in taffic. People crossing like how they cross roads in Tekka.
It is very hot in here comparing to Wollongong. The buildings age range is around from 1800s to 1990s. You got to pay for parking here, outdoor or indoor. In Wollongong you need not pay for outdoor parking. Yesterday while Krishna was away on course I went shopping by myself with camera and map. I can only post the pictures when I go back to Wollongong.
It is very expensive here to shop. But outdoor brands like adidas, billabong and qucksilver is not bad actually. A green adidas jacket that i liked alot is only A$100/- and its original. Billabong boardshorts are from A$30 to A$60.But other items like coats, dresses, blouses, boots are relatively expensive.
I manage to find MAC. MAC counter did not exist back in suburb shopping centres. So I was thrilled to find it there. And among all the regular famous brands revlon had a counter there too. Its very established brand here. I bought the 200ml pack of Clinque cleanser,toner and moisturiser costing A$136. I think the price is ok.
I got lost a few times but managed to get back on track as its very messy with roads and streets everywhere. After a few times I began to like getting lost and finding my way around back. But soon when you like getting lost you intend not to get lost. Hahaha. From 11am till about 4pm I was shopping. Then I found starbucks and I needed badly to sit down.
So I bought a Caramel Mocha Chip Frap and sat by the window, watching people. I saw so many tired running, rushing legs. It was like the pair of legs was competing with each other. Its not very worth to live like this in Australia actually. But for all those who claimed that Australia is too slow and too quiet and they are more of city people they may like to live here. Housing however costs a bomb. It can be crampy unit with views of buildings and polluted air but it will be close to half a million. Rental can be about 2k. People residing here pay more for parking than what we pay for our rent back in suburbs. Oh ya. I also saw many good looking people.Both Aussies and Asians.
From 4 till 5 plus I was sitting there. At this point I was really missing my parents, sister, my ex-SPF mates and my poly galfrens. The faces of having all these beautiful ones sharing fun, laughter,embrassing moments and soul baring talks flashed before me. I really missed chatting about everything from anything and on nothing. With them somehow hours seemed like minutes. The one hour plus I was sitting at starbucks by York Street went by like milliseconds. I realised that out of sight means much more on mind and in heart. Sigh.
After 5 .30 I met Krishna at the train station nearby. Now I have taken the double decker train before. But yesterday I saw people speeding around to catch trains. Cos here if you miss the train you will be later by more than an hour. Some train doesnt stop at all the stations. Its a mad rush. This is worse than Singapore peak hour train ride. Trust me.
We went for dinner and I saw the Sydney opera house in the full moonlight. Gorgeous. More updates in the days to come. Bye for now. Got to grab some lunch now.