RIPPER, BE GONE!

Yes my very own land in this big big world
If you hate it, run along now. If you like it, swing along.
This is my blog on my dear life, touching the pacific in Australia.




ShoutMix chat widget



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



|U M M U | O M A | Y A N T I | Y A N T I B L O G | C H E R Y L | A H M U T H A |
|A I L I N G |J A S I M A | M A G G I E | V I C K Y | P I X I E Z |
|Oct'07 Farewell to SPF | Jan '08 Oma, Sri & Ummu | My Wedding |


  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • January 2010


  • free counters

    Friday, February 29, 2008

    Townsville, Queensy

    The weather has been really wet around here. It was actually snowing in some parts of Australia when we are supposed to have hot summer! I first experience hail, raining stones. We were in the car driving and some white stones started to drop heavily on the car. Luckily we have a covered carpark at our place. In Sydney they had electric storms. Here when it rains it gets foggy at times too. I have not experience that yet. But Krishna has experienced it when driving suddenly it gets very foggy.You just need to exercise caution, slow down alot and drive, always looking out for any lights ahead.

    Krishna is being posted to Townsville, Queensland. They need alot of engineers in the plant there. Of course I will be going as well. At first we were thinking twice about it. Later on we just decided to go ahead and experience the life there also. Anyway all is provided for both of us.

    Thats the difference here. They can post you anyway in the world. But they do take care of your needs and wants. For eg, accomadation, car, meal allowance, air tickets for employee and family etc. If family can't move the employee can demand for arrangements to fly him home over the weekend.

    When his boss broke the news he was very concerned especially for me. As I just came and took about a month to really get settled and then I got to move again. (But unknown to him Im very very fine with this actually hehe). So even though the plant is in Townville which is far away from amenties they have arranged for accomadation in the town itself with all the services. Of course Im concerned about the cost of living.

    Well we are going to move in about 2 weeks. So we are rushing to make arrangements for the place here and the furniture and fittings plus the car. I love this place here especially the ocean. But Krishna has assured me that the place we are going is even more gorgeous. So far based on my research it seems to be a wonderful tourist attraction place.

    I will surely keep you updated of the sights, sounds and smell through my words and images.