On Saturday Krish and I went to Jervis Bay, Shoalhaven. It’s of 116km away and about nearly 2 hours of drive. They have a long stretch of beaches there and especially the Hyms Beach is of the whitest sand that I have ever ever set my feet on. It’s so soft to touch like flour. The water was so clear that you could see your feet through and through. They also had the nudist beach but we didn’t hit there. There are no waves as it’s a bay. Except for stuff that was washed onto by the wind or the sea you can't see any rubbish on any beaches in Australia. They protect their land and sea very well. On any day the beach is flocked with people but you can't see any bottles or food wrappers.
We had a wonderful time swimming or rather playing in the water. We had our sun block on cause the sun is very piercingly hot. There were a lot of aussies trying to get some tan in this hot hot weather. We didn't need that of course.
There was an aussie family there with mum and dad, grandma, and 4 young boys. They had 2 small canoes. The boys who were maybe age of 5 or 6 got on the canoe and just row their way in the water. The dad just stood on the shore watching. He didn’t seem to give them any rules or instructions. They just began to try rowing different styles until they finally figure on their own on how to row straight and steady.
The oldest boy among them had a washboard abs at that age. It must be the rowing and swimming from tender age. Then finally the mum stripped down to her swimming gear. She didn’t have a slim and fit figure but when she started swimming strongly all the different strokes with complete ease into the sea I just stood there watching her. Lastly the grandma got on the canoe and row. She was on the bigger size but she’s definitely fit man. The older people here in the suburbs grew up rough and so they are very fit.
Krish's colleague of 58 years old is planning to build his own garage. That means to lay each and every single brick and tiles all by himself. They go up on their roof to mend stuff and climb under the house to clear up at that age. I feel ashamed to be complaining of aches and pains. I got to do something about this.
The end of the bay where the waves were particularly chopping about fast and short was very windy with the soft sands flying off. It was cool to watch but cold to stand long.
We then drove back. With all the hills and hills of green grass and tress, horses and cows grazing on them rolling by our car windows
Yesterday we had Aunty Ghandi and her family over. We brought them for lunch. They helped us a lot especially for Krishna when he came over here from Melbourne. We will miss them as we are going Townsville now. We got no idea when we will come back actually. A lot of stuff is hanging over us now.
After they went back we went to the wollongong beach to swim. But we couldn’t. The waves were big and crashing heavily on the shore. Awhile standing on the shore experiencing the waves hitting and pulling my legs and stomach heavily knocked me out early yesterday night. Nobody was swimming but as usual there were people body surfing.
Back home I always desired for a period of not working when I was working. Now I’m dying to go back to work. This is the longest I went without a job ever since I left poly actually. I hope to get a chance to work at least awhile here. I want to experience the work life with the Aussies.
A month ago I was busy packing to come here. Now I need to pack to leave from here. A month from now I’m not sure where will we be heading. But definitely I’m thinking that all that happens is for the very best of reasons.