RIPPER, BE GONE!

Yes my very own land in this big big world
If you hate it, run along now. If you like it, swing along.
This is my blog on my dear life, touching the pacific in Australia.




ShoutMix chat widget



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



|U M M U | O M A | Y A N T I | Y A N T I B L O G | C H E R Y L | A H M U T H A |
|A I L I N G |J A S I M A | M A G G I E | V I C K Y | P I X I E Z |
|Oct'07 Farewell to SPF | Jan '08 Oma, Sri & Ummu | My Wedding |


  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • January 2010


  • free counters

    Monday, March 17, 2008

    Looking back at the weekend

    Sat morning Krish and I rose early and drove to a hill nearby. Its called Castle Hill approximately 300m high. We parked at the bottom and walked up. It was very good morning STEEP walk. Many Aussies were walking up and down greeting us good morning as they passby. Some were pushing their children prams even. Some were walking with their big dogs. I could only make it 3/4 quater way. Haha all the months of lack of exercise was pulling me down. But as for all others I did see most of them even the oldies making their way all the way up.

    We walked down back which was very good exercise too. Then we drove up. There were alot of lookouts from the hills. This Castle hill was used as a communications and observation post during WWII.

    We returned home and got ready to go for a drive. Its deciding where to go was a problem. We wanted to go snokelling But it seems that weather at sea has been bad. Very strong winds. Its also quite pricey. About $145 per person. This includes breakfast and lunch and unlimited snorkelling of course.

    We then decided to drive up to a waterfall, The Wallaman Falls. It was a 3hr drive towards Ingham Road. You can only go on a fine day as the tracks when reaching the falls can be bad if raining. Krish started driving. We drove past alot of things. Townsville also grows alot of sugarcane. We saw arces of sugarcane. And then there will be a house in the middle of the sugarcane fields. Should be the farmers' house.

    After that we past herds of cows grazing the grass and lazing on the roads. Also of course cowdung all over the road. We drove on. The roads became narrower and narrower as we entered the National Park of the falls. Whoever we stopped by to ask directions advised us to buy food or drinks beforehand as there is nothing available there.

    Krish of course enjoyed the drive. This is the scariest drive I have been on. The bends are that sharp that your heart just escapes a beat here and there. Not very protected too. If you don't control the car you can easily end up going off the road. Only God knows what happens next. When we came to a long dirt track it started to drizzle. Oh boy we got worried.

    The roads began to soak up with rain. Turning back will be a waste of all the efforts to get there. But getting the car stuck in the mud while coming back is as bad as anything. We had a good car Ford falcon 4.0cc. However risking it or not was the call.

    Then we realise we are near to the falls already. We drove past the track and parked. It was a astonishing sight! The falls was gashing down and all you can hear is the waterfalls. The cluds were also all around us. Nice. To think we nearly missed it.



    We had to leave fast as the drizzle got heavier. The drive down was even more scary. It was a muddy so the car tyres was filled with heavy mud. But thank god we didn't get stuck. Going around the bends were more scary with the muddy tyres. But I guess the good car and a good driver got us back safe and sound.

























    Sun we just relaxed and then headed to The Strand. Its a strand of beach. Here I saw a stinger enclosurer in the sea. They netted it off protecting the swimmers from marine stingers. They have 2 such ones along the beach. You are advised to swim within this net. They also did up a rock pool. Kissing Point rock pool.




    They bulit a breakwaters around the pool. This whole stretch was attacked by the Japanese during WWII.





    There is of course no 100 percent gurantee that the stingers can't get into these protected pools. But I did see alot of people swimming.

    Its still very hot. Townsville has 320 days of sunshine and sometimes they don't even have winter. You got wear sunblock and sunglasses when stepping out. Ok I got to go back to my book. Tata!