RIPPER, BE GONE!

Yes my very own land in this big big world
If you hate it, run along now. If you like it, swing along.
This is my blog on my dear life, touching the pacific in Australia.




ShoutMix chat widget



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



|U M M U | O M A | Y A N T I | Y A N T I B L O G | C H E R Y L | A H M U T H A |
|A I L I N G |J A S I M A | M A G G I E | V I C K Y | P I X I E Z |
|Oct'07 Farewell to SPF | Jan '08 Oma, Sri & Ummu | My Wedding |


  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • January 2010


  • free counters

    Wednesday, April 9, 2008

    Drinking

    Yes was watching a program and realise that this is very big problem among the young people here. They start drinking like Fri afternoon and mostly they are very high for all weekend. In fact some drink even in the uni campus.

    The age limit is 18 but drinks are sold even to younger. Cos maybe they look matured compared to Asians. Getting yourself drunk is fine but beating up people is not. Mostly the damage is on the innocent. A teenager who had his whole life in front of him got all beaten up and he is gona be bed ridden, can't even speak and his mum is going to take care of him like a baby for the rest of her life. He happened to be passing by and was caught in midst when a fight broke out. I was very horrfied when they showed the video of him getting beaten up taken by a passer by. It was like hundreds of punches and kicks by 10 big buffaloes.

    Others who are not fighting or beating up people are making a complete fool of themselves. They have a network on facebook which goes like this "reasons why a girl should call it a night". And most of the pictures are of girls who does embarrassing stuff after getting drunk. On top of this its being posted by the girls themselves.

    Its been known now that in some countries employers are checking on future employees by online networks like facebook, friendster and so on. This gives them an idea of their lifestyle, habits and behaviour. And its been known that people reveal alot more on such networks than to parents, doctors, police or employers. Networking is a powerful tool but I guess some people are misusing it.

    Well to deal with the drinking problem they are discussing on things like raising the age limit, punishing the parents for their children's wrongdoings and so on. It is quite hard to also implement rules here as everything is about human rights. Its good and bad I think. Also level of exposure is very important for children. It cannot be so restricted and cannot be too open.

    Yesterday we went on another track on Castle Hill. It was steep. No huge rock steps but still it was very steep. I want to got for the walk in the mornings. But without transport you got to walk abit of distance and its too hot for me. The slope leading to our apartments is already very steep. And a 10 mins walk in the sun and I will perspiring non stop. Plus I get very bad headaches after the walk. I do drink loads of water, wear sun protection and sunglasses. No use. So I decided to go for it in the later afternoons.

    Alright Im gona have my lunch now. I made some Spaghetti Bolognese with Chicken yesterday for dinner and made enough to have it for lunch today also. Tata!