I feel very sad now. We are supposed to be going for a whole day trip to the Great Barrier Reef tomorrow. Krishna was really looking forward to it. You board the glass bottom cruiser and you will sail to the Magnetic Island where the boat stops and you can snorkel the whole day. Morning tea, seafood buffet and afternoon tea provided with the snorkel equipment. We even bought a cheap underwater camera.
Today we woke up early morning. Krish's colleague told him of a very nice freshwater creeks in the wild, Paluma Village which is 60km from here. Australia got alot of locally kept secrets of such places. We drove to there. As usual Krish enjoyed the drive. But I really liked it too. At the Little Crystals Creek, there was small waterfalls and the water was coming down from the mountains. And there was crystal clear water where u can swim. Very cooling to be there compared to being in Townsville on any average day. Colourful butterflies, beautiful birds, unique vegetation.
A bit more distance away is natural rockslides. We wanted to see that. When we walked back to the car after taking some pictures my right leg suddenly slipped off the road onto some gravel. I felt a very bad stabbing pain at my ankle. I stopped and hanged on to Krish for support. I really thought I broke my ankle. But soon I moved my leg to move and it was fine. I walked very slowly to car.
After some time the pain kept coming and going. We drove back home after buying some heat rub. I got home and after awhile of sitting down I stood and I could barely walk. The pain was killing me. It was all swollen around my right ankle. I staggered with the help of Krish to the bed. Krish now has gone to the pharmacy to buy painkiller and bandage.
Im so angry with myself. Why am I so fragile? I was just walking and I could hurt my ankle?! This is our last weekend in Townsville before we head back to Wollongong and the last chance to see the Great Barrier Reef. I felt so sad for Krish (even though I know hes very worried.)When we wanted to go several times before the winds were too strong. Im so sad! I hope for some miracle for my ankle to be fine by tom so that we can continue with our trip.
Today is also my dad's birthday and its his first birthday that I am away from my family. Sigh! Imgona lie down now and rest my ankle and heavy heart and head.