26th Jan was Australia Day. It was really a big different kind of celebrations. Here in Wollongong they had a big fun fair with food and games for all ages for the whole day with all proceeds to the charity. Everyone was wearing the Aussie flag. Yes literally from head to toes. Yes slippers and even on the back of their board shorts too. Everywhere there was a flag in all sizes hanging. In all the states of Australia people were celebrating.
I don't know whether its the freedom for them to use the flag in whatever way, that makes them really hug their flag so tight and love their "god given paradise country" so much. Yes those are exact words that I have heard them describing. They come from both the never travel to anywhere side and the world travellers side.
Everyone was celebrating in some way. We hit the fun fair and then to the beach. I didn't hit the waves this time with Krish. I laid back on the beach and watched the waves. It was so relaxing. We then got home and did our chores. At about 9pm it started showering with fireworks at the harbour. And we watched it from our kitchen window.
Yesterday was my 1st wedding anniversary. But Krish had to work. So we just made dinner plans. He bought me a lovely bouquet of red daisies and yellow lilies. Went to an Italian restaurant. Had a very very big big meal. Then we went to the harbour, sat and watched the ocean and mountains. And I was amazed to find the area of where the fun fair was, to be so fast cleaned and cleared, leaving only the green grass. And it seems the cleaners were all volunteers. Imagine that.
Today I'm not going out. Its red alert. Which means its dangerously scorching hot and is advisable to stay in. Esp in Melbourne. Its predicted to go beyond 41 degrees, maybe till mid 40s for the next one week. Many areas are in danger of bush fires. Alright I better load up on my water before I get nasty headaches. Its already getting hot even inside.
Okie I am gona catch my Season 6 Sex and the City dvd. I successfully completed the Season 5 dvd last week. My lastest past time. Gosh I am becoming a drama serial addict. Help me!