Do you sometimes get images from your childhood? Esp from the age that you only remember some tiny stuff which only you realise later that it had a good impact on you.
After a good 2 weeks of holidays my parents returned back to Singapore last friday. We had a lot of fun. It was their first trip to Australia and their first ever flight. It was great seeing them. We went to so many places, saw so many new things. Thankfully Krish was on leave on the first week they came. So we managed to drive and show them the beautiful places here. The seacliff bridge, Kiama Blowhole, Jervis bay with the whitest sand, Temple, Waterfalls, Mountains, Lake, Ocean, Sydney and Fireworks.
My dad was so addicted to the ocean that he went catching waves with Krish almost everyday. He certified the water as the most refreshing than any pool or beaches in Singapore. Talking and explaining to them made me realise on how much I know. They realise how much different everything is. Time really took a flight and is so well spent when you have your loved ones over.
When we send them off tears just kept on rolling down for me. When they walked through the gate, the gate closed with us waving goodbyes to each other, an image rolled in front of my eyes of mind.
Its me sitting in Kindergarten, my first day in the first row. My mum standing so far outside. She waved to me and the door closed. Tears welled up but did not roll out. It was my first goodbye to my mum.
Its not easy bidding goodbye but the tears that flow out also said that we all had a wonderful time which we will remember for a very very long time.
For all those who have been listening to my whining of wanting to do my degree, its finally over. I am starting my Uni semester in Mar. I am only doing 1 or 2 modules as it is still international student fees for me till I get my PR. But a small start is better than no start.
2008 was a big year for me. I got married and I got a new country to live in. Im sure 2009 will have loads more for me.