I know I have been positively blogging of all the pros of my migration as I don't want my blog to be swarmed by negative energy. Once you start it will be difficult to stop.
On a small note I would like to say that it is not a bed of roses or honey and milk bath to migrate and live in another country with only your hubby by your side. You will not feel the joy of having anything unless you get to feel the pinch of losing it.
I met a Greek lady who was maybe in her late 50s on 1 of the lonely times I went for a morning swim. She was very nice and shared with me what she went through when she came here some 35 years ago with her husband. She fell into complete depression and the starting was very tormenting. She said no matter what people consoles you you will feel that they know nuts. Haha.
In fact almost all the ladies that I known in Krishna's family and friends who have migrated to Australia or New Zealand shared the same feelings at the start of their migration. But I am thinking whether is it because we miss our loved ones back home or is it because of the process of starting all over again?
Like people who came out of a relationship dreading to go back into the dating game or those unhappy people who don't want to leave their jobs because they don't want to start all over again in a new workplace. Comfort zone. How comforting is our comfort zones? I wonder.
Yes I just got too much time to wonder about all sorts of stuff. I just need a job. I watched 3 complete seasons of Sex and the City. But I realised why I am so addicted to the show other than having too much time at hand.
Besides the interesting stories the 4 ladies go through I like the friendship between them. Got me really missing the comfort of having my gals at arms length or a call away or a sms away.
Well I can't run away now. In these troubled financial times I can't afford to think about going back to Singapore. So I just need to make 1 hell of a cool and comforting lemonade out of the lemons given to me.
Talking about lemonade reminds me that I baked some mini smoked salmon pizzas few days back. I just used pitta bread and low fat ricotta cheese as base and salmon, onion, red capsicum and baby capers as toppings. A very healthy pizza.