It has being awhile since I blogged and I have received some worried emails on asking on how am I coping with uni. Well it is not easy as I realised that I needed to jumpstart my crtitical thinking side of the brain. And to write very good essays without copy paste any information from the website. And also to research tons of old and new books and journal articles to support any theory.
But apart from all that I am amazed with Psychology. One of my lecture mate said it is a "love-hate relationship". I agree. I love all the amazing pieces of information. For eg on our just about 3 pounds of weight, brain. I was really shocked on this beautiful masterpiece that holds so many things and does so many for us.
I am doing a research essay at the moment on Rapid Eye Movement sleep. And I realise how important is it to sleep and dream. And dreams are meaningful. It actually helps to come up with strategies to deal with problems in life. Positive or negative outcomes is of course dependent on your character. So people next time if you have to learn complex stuff do get a goodnight sleep after that. Cos it will enhance your learning of that task.
And theres another theory on if you cant recall dreams don't try too hard to recall. That maybe information that your brain is trying to dump away. I have not really made any much of friends as Psychology is a loner degree I realise. But my university is a beautiful place embedded in nature. So I bask in the sun and nature under the trees, on the grass, enjoying the breeze, beside the duck pond, alone when during breaks. I realise Aussies love to do this too. Some blokes take their t-shirt off to sun tan. And hey you know there is a Unibar on the campus and there is no rule that you can't drink and go to class. You are responsible for your own actions.
Travelling to and fro Uni is a breeze as I have a free shuttle bus from the nearby train station which is 15 minutes walk away. However this would not be a breeze when winter comes.
Besides all this information processing I am also involved with house shopping. Our weekends are quite filled with that. Here you don't get an agent to look for a house. You must call the seller's agent to fix appointment or go for open houses to view the house. When you find a house you like you and the seller got to agree on a price. You then get a lawyer for yourself and the lawyer of the buyer will then interactwith your lawyer and go through the contracts.
You cant use super(which is CPF here) to buy property. You got to turn to banks for financing home loans. With the downturn of property market the government is giving first time buyer $24000 grant but that must be for a new property only.This grant expires however on June 30. There have been news that house prices are getting low but here in New South Wales and especially Wollongong it is still high or maybe we find it high. But we got to start somewhere and paying rent is like dead money.
Hopefully I could blog on our first home soon. Alright I got to study for a quiz tomorrow. Wish me luck.