My presentation went on alright and even though it was a tough one to present without confusing the audience with the statistics somehow I think my classmates understood.
It was about women who succeed in a job that is usually seen as a "man's job" eg. CEO or Vice President and whether they are socially rejected and whether their career opportunities are affected just because they are disliked for their success.
When asked whether they mind working for female bosses most of the ladies themselves in the class shared that they don't wish to. Some shared their own experience.
But do lady bosses have to be aggressive to succeed in the first place? Will a lady be taken seriously if she is all sweet and sensitive in meetings? Or she got to show that she mean business by portraying a mean front? I think yes, they need to be aggressive. To get in front you may need to step on some toes and its of course more painful to be stepped by high heels.
Well I worked under a dragon lady before and I remember how I was terrorised whenever I saw her name in my inbox. I think some of you may know who I'm talking about. But when I think about it now its all a big joke.
That aside I got to finish my sleep essay and I will share more on that when Im done.