RIPPER, BE GONE!

Yes my very own land in this big big world
If you hate it, run along now. If you like it, swing along.
This is my blog on my dear life, touching the pacific in Australia.




ShoutMix chat widget



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



|U M M U | O M A | Y A N T I | Y A N T I B L O G | C H E R Y L | A H M U T H A |
|A I L I N G |J A S I M A | M A G G I E | V I C K Y | P I X I E Z |
|Oct'07 Farewell to SPF | Jan '08 Oma, Sri & Ummu | My Wedding |


  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • January 2010


  • free counters

    Wednesday, September 23, 2009
    Reddish Dawn

    I woke up to glowing red skies today. The mountain was lost in sight. I have admired the sky from my balcony so many times before but this was scary. It looked like as though the sky was on fire. My balcony is like a sandy playground. I had to bring in my plants as they were dusted with sand. What brought this??? A huge red sand storm which has settled over much of New South Wales was carried east overnight by gale-force winds of up to 100kph. Even though now the sky has cleared up wind is so so strong. While I was on my way home from class I was nearly swept off my feet. My hair was horizontally flying upwards. Yes it was sight but it was pretty scary too. I looked like as though I was wearing a orange foundation and my eyes were so red and itchy. Cars, buses and trains are spotted with mud spots like an orange topcoat and our car is filled with sand inside as well even though we parked in the underground carpark. Our apartment lift was sandy as well. Imagine that!

    We had heavy thunderstorm lighting last night and the street lights lining the highway in front of our house went off just like that till morning. But now sand, sand and more sand everywhere. Sydney Ferries cancelled its services in the morning. Flights into Sydney have been diverted to Brisbane and Melbourne. Departing flights are delayed. People are asked to stay indoors as possible especially people with asthma or other breathing problems. This sandy wind dance situation will hang around till late afternoon. In other states of Australia there are wild weather reports of 2 earthquakes, hail and fires.

    Coincidentally today is the day we came back to Australia a year ago. Yes its already a year. I really hope that this wild weather dies off for we would want to toast a drink to us and to the land which welcomed us back with open arms and no questions asked. On the other hand I hope another wind will come and sweep away the sand and dirt as I am so not looking forward to clean up all the sand and wash the balcony and windows!


    1 of the numerous pictures online


    http://au.news.yahoo.com/gallery/-/6090451/


    Labels: